One of the simplest basic blackjack strategy techniques is to use the popular Blackjack cheat sheet. It has been in situ for many, many, years helping players to make the right moves based on the hands dealt. Here we take a look at all of this and how you can use it.
Introducing you to your new favourite Blackjack companion
With casino games being made, on the whole, for players to lose, there had to be a new approach when it came to playing blackjack online. The game comes with a new strategy and that is the cheat sheet. Putting yourself on equal terms as the dealer to give you helpful odds over the house edge. Now, the basic cheat sheet has been around for years and considered by many the best of all tips that will help your winning ratio improve.
This is something you can master online and once becoming familiar with the rules, can take to Las Vegas and play with supreme confidence. Before the sheet came out, many of the tips online came through word of mouth on forum posts and through gaming reviews. Now, as if set in stone like the commandments, the cheat sheet puts all the gossip and forums to sleep and provides a clear player aid that teaches them when to hit, split, double down, surrender and stand.
What is the cheat sheet in Blackjack?
The cheat sheet is something that can be on hand whenever you play online. Even though the game of blackjack has many variants, this will help you make the right card move within the games you play. The rules are fairly simple once you become familiar with the key terms.
The cheat sheet is the main contributor to helping people boost their bankroll and cut losses by allowing them to see the steps ahead. It will take time to learn and memorize, but seeing as you are playing online, you can have it with you no matter what.
The key factors of the sheet highlights when you should hit, stand, double down, split when to split if you should double after a spit or otherwise hit and when to surrender or otherwise hit.
The graph of the guide table lists out the moves to make with the appropriate hands. So, for example, you will see from the chart Ace and a 3 on a single deck, you Hit. For a 4 or 5 deck, you would double down.
A brief reminder of the rules
The best players still use the chart now in all the top online casinos and it will provide the same effects for you, whether you have soft or hard cards in your hand. Best of all it doesn’t break any of the rules, it’s not a card count scheme but just knowing what the system is for a favorable outcome.
Just in case you have skipped ahead of our other articles on playing Las Vegas Blackjack, here is a recap of what these moves mean to the newer players.
- Hit: This move, in blackjack, allows you to take an additional card from the dealer to add to your hand, once the dealer has shown their cards.
- Stand: This move/gesture, means you are happy to retain the hand you have and need not gain an additional card or make any further move, passing the play over to the casino dealer.
- Double Down: Here you are able to double your wager already on the game and claim and extra card from the dealer.
- Split: If the player has two cards of the same value in their hand, they can split them to form separate hands, to which they can hit on each and effectively play two hands against the casino’s one.
Learning the Blackjack game through Analysis
To be able to play at your peak, you will most definitely need this strategy to help you ace the games you play. Though even without the cheat sheet, players still need the basic awareness of being able to analyze what is in front of them. Having the sheet will be a tool but this too must be learned inside out, without it having to be a full-time aid. There are many forums that are helpful in discussing what other optional moves are available beyond the core rules as pictured in the chart above.
Benefits of using this strategy
Though blackjack is a game of chance, the odds embedded into the game are the best of any gambling option in the casino realm. Try getting a table in Las Vegas against the dealer and you are looking at a wait to be seated. With good odds on your side with the house only having a 1.48% edge over you, the tactical cheat-sheet will help to decrease this edge over the game more in your favor. Yes, players have to accept that in any situation there is a risk of loss, but play it right and learn all there is to know about your hand and the card percentages and you can further boost your edge by an extra 0.5%, which is massive over the long run of a game, as any professional player will tell you from years of experience playing in both land-based and online casinos.
What this strategy gives you is perspective. The fault of forums in days gone by is that you couldn’t see the wood through the trees. With the chart, you can understand what moves are necessary within the game and for example, know how to fully utilize the ace card without blowing it.
Easy to remember tips and tricks within Blackjack
It’s all about the timing when it comes to the blackjack table game. that’s it at its most basic form. Knowing the exact time to take a hit or make a hit. Knowing the games moves are, however, just one aspect to the game and there are plenty of other playing tips you can use that you won’t find on forum posts.
The Dos within blackjack
- Split when you have a pair of eights and aces.
- Double down when you see that you have cards that total 10, especially when the dealer holds an ace or a 10.
- Make a hit if you hold a total of 11 or less.
- If you have a soft 17, which is an ace and a 7, take a hit.
- If your card values make a soft 18 and the dealer shows a 6 or lower, then go for a hit.
The don’ts within blackjack
- Don’t spit a pair if each card is valued at 10.
- Insurance betting is redundant, try to go for the win rather than have the dealer take the profit.
- If you land a soft 19, stand and wait for the dealer to reveal their card.
- Don’t stick to the dealer’s rules. They are required to perform under the playing conditions so make sure they hit on 16 and stand on 17.
Practice always makes perfect in games. You can use our site to learn more about the rules of blackjack. You can find free games to play and reviews on them. Playing free will be more than helpful in getting you started. It’s not a hard game to master, we’re talking days not years, like when the game first came out. So, if you are ready to start winning, explore more of our blackjack guide and the rest of CasinoBonusesIndex.com.