The Odds are essential to your knowledge of the play, if you absorb the information, you’ll be better equipped to make smarter bets and from this winning a heck of a lot more from the game than the average person. Here is a full guide about the odds of Sic Bo. By scrolling down, you will find a table to have a easy insight into the probabilities of the game.
Sic bo, the three dice game that comes from ancient Chinese times, is very much a unique and extraordinary game. The casino game rules are simple, place your bet or bets on a total number that will be the result of shaking three dice in a small container.
The house will hold an edge over the online game that comes in at 2.78%. In the context of games, this means you have better odds than American Roulette, Craps and Online Slots.
Familiarizing yourself to Sic Bo bets
For any new player looking at the Sic Bo table, it may seem very daunting at first, just like roulette or craps, the markings are just indications of ways you can bet when playing the game.
The table highlights the possible wins and combinations players can bet on before the ‘roll’ of the three dice. You have single numbers and a combination of alternatives.
The payout varies from bet to bet and thusly the probability. Which numbers will return a winning sum for your bank balance? Let’s take a look at the table and the odds that come with each type of bet you can play.
The 20 different betting ways in Sic Bo
When it comes to high betting options in casinos, sic bo provides the most to win from. Here’s a look at each one of them.
One of a Kind: betting on any non-specific single number for it to land on either one, two or all three dice. This pays odds of 1 to 1 if one dice wins, 2 to 1 if landing on two dice and 3 to 1 is landing a triple.
- li>Two of a Kind: Betting on a specific number that will appear on 2 of the three dice. Pays out at 10 to 1.
- Three of a Kind: Putting your wager on this means betting a specific number will land across all dice. This pays at 150 to 1.
- Any Three of a Kind: That any number will appear on all dice. Payouts for this bet comes in at 30 to 1.
- Duo: two dice combination, must be a specific number. Wins from this payout at 5 to 1.
- Single Number: take a chance on a single number between 4 and 17. Here are the individual payouts:
► Total of 4 = 60 to 1
► Total of 5 = 30 to 1
► Total of 6 = 17 to 1
► Total of 7 = 12 to 1
► Total of 8= 8 to 1
► Total of 9 = 6 to 1
► Total of 10 = 6 to 1
► Total of 11 = 6 to 1
► Total of 12 = 6 to 1
► Total of 13 = 8 to 1
► Total of 14 = 12 to 1
► Total of 15 = 17 to 1
► Total of 16 = 30 to 1
► Total of 17 = 60 to 1
- Big: Betting on big means numbers between 11 and 17. This is even return, so 1 to 1.
- Small: Wagering on small means numbers between 4 and 10. This is even return, so 1 to 1.
Different casinos, variants and software developers will slightly alter the odds, but these are the current standard across the majority of casino games.
The Calculation of Sic Bo Odds
In sic bo, it is all about the probability of the ‘roll’ when it comes to the shaking of the dice. This plays on huge mathematical formulas that break down the probability outside of the house edge already on the table. The maths can be used as a form of strategy when placing bets.
With three dice, there is an amount of 18 that can be collected. The following is the number, permutations of getting the figure and the probability of landing it.
- 3 has a permutation of 1 and a likelihood of 0.00463
- 4 has a permutation of 3 and a likelihood of 0.013889
- 5 has a permutation of 6 and a likelihood of 0.027778
- 6 has a permutation of 10 and a likelihood of 0.046296
- 7 has a permutation of 15 and a likelihood of 0.069444
- 8 has a permutation of 21 and a likelihood of 0.097222
- 9 has a permutation of 25 and a likelihood of 0.115741
- 10 has a permutation of 27 and a likelihood of 0.125
- 11 has a permutation of 27 and a likelihood of 0.125
- 12 has a permutation of 25 and a likelihood of 0.115741
- 13 has a permutation of 21 and a likelihood of 0.097222
- 14 has a permutation of 15 and a likelihood of 0.069444
- 15 has a permutation of 10 and a likelihood of 0.046296
- 16 has a permutation of 6 and a likelihood of 0.027778
- 17 has a permutation of 3 and a likelihood of 0.013889
- 18 has a permutation of 1 and a likelihood of 0.00463
The mathematical rules of getting to the sum fluctuate the house edge. A bit like roulette if you were to remove the double zero from the wheel the house edge lowers. Once you have the permutations of how numbered values are formed over the dice, you then have to look at the combinations when playing, which comes to a total of 216 permutations.
This single amount must then be divided by the number of dice to extract the probability. From this, you can evaluate the value of chance when you wager.
The Final formula behind the odds in Sic Bo
If a player chooses a bet on a single 4 which pays 60 to 1. The probability of reaching the is 3 dice / 216 permutations = 0.013889. The math of losing is 1-(3/216) = 1-0.013889 = 0.98611. Meaning, every dollar bet on 4, players will lose 15.278%.
The same principle of maths can be used to work out double bets, two of a kind, triples, low and high bets.
As you stray to the outer edges of the numbers from the center, the risk is clear. To help retain funds in your bankroll, you can claim free casino bonus offers. There are numerous bonus rewards from the top casino lists on our website to help you double your financial margin that will allow you to stray into those riskier bets.